What are the signs of early pregnancy?
There are certain signs of early pregnancy that you need to be mindful of. As a woman you need to be aware of what are the signs of early pregnancy. A thorough consideration about signs of early pregnancy can give you a safe childbirth. The fact is there are either early or delayed signs of pregnancy and symptoms of pregnancy differ for every woman. In most cases, signs of early pregnancy manifest themselves just prior to or at the time of menstruation and sadly, most of the time you may fail to recognize the signs.
What are the signs of early pregnancy?
- Fatigue- Your body gets tired as you walk a distance. Tiredness or extreme fatigue is one of the signs of early pregnancy. At this stage, it is required that you go for a pregnancy test for confirmation. Pregnancy needs changes in your daily routine. The fatigue or tiredness comes because of the increased blood volume and fetus inside the womb needs more oxygen for this you feel short of breath and easily tired. But this symptom will continue to be felt throughout your pregnancy till the child is born. The growing baby keeps on putting pressure on your lungs, bringing you the discomfort and breathlessness.
- Disliking for food- Loss of appetite or disliking for food is also one of the signs of early pregnancy. You tend to avoid food. This happens due to increase of beta HCG hormone. For instance, sight of certain food items like fish or citrus juices turn your stomach.
- Irritation towards smells- Be it the smell of cigarette smoke or cologne, you begin to feel uneasy as those get through your nostrils. This is undoubtedly one of the symptoms. This happens due to the increasing hormone level in your body. You become hyper sensitive towards odors. Even the dust and torn paper in the dustbin make you restless with their smell.
- Nausea and vomiting- The increasing level of hormone creates nausea and vomiting. The first HCG hormone creates this sign of early pregnancy. You need not keep your stomach empty but eat small meals. You feel headache constantly because of changes in the hormones and this happens due to hormonal changes in the body.
- Tenderness and swelling in the breast- There are changes in your breasts. Swelling, tenderness or soreness in the breasts happens during this time. You feel your breasts are unusually heavy. Even wearing bra becomes tough for you. There are dark circles around the areolas of your breasts. The veins around the breasts look more pronounced. At times, there is pain in your breasts.
- Frequent urination- At the first stage of pregnancy, your uterus grows and pushes on your bladder. This causes the tendency in your body to urinate more. You may not be able to sleep throughout the night as urination urges continue all night. During pregnancy, your body produces extra fluids and that may make you feel ill-at-ease.
- Shortness of breath or panting- You grow short of breath and keep panting as a sign of early pregnancy in your body. As you get on the stairs, you simply run out of breath. This lasts throughout the pregnancy of many women.
- Distinct physical changes- You miss your regular menstrual cycle and this is the first sign of early pregnancy. If you have sex without contraception, the color of the vagina and tenderness of your cervix can indicate this well enough. Make sure to consult a midwife or doctor.
- Morning sickness- You may continue feeling queasy, even when your pregnancy is six months along. This sort of feeling of sickness might appear in the morning, afternoon and night. Irritation and mood swings happen frequently during pregnancy. Easily you get perturbed and lose your temper on your loved ones. Hormonal changes are responsible for mood swings and irritation.
- Backache- Backache might appear due to increase in body weight. It is because ligaments in your body get loosened. But this continues throughout your pregnancy with uterine growth.
- Cramping- This is one of the signs of early pregnancy. Cramping is there because your uterus extends to give place to the baby.